It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modify / Delete Work Item Templates in Web Client

Evan Edwards (231014) | asked Aug 13 '14, 1:11 p.m.
edited Aug 20 '14, 2:21 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
I just recently found out how to create a work item template using the Web Client.  I am using Internet Explorer 9 and I would like to know if there is a way to modify / delete the work item templates that I created using the Web Client?  Any help on this would be appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Aug 13 '14, 11:30 p.m.
 According to the link below, it appears that deleting Work Item Templates is a process configuration that is available on the Eclipse client.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_creating_work_items_from_template.html

Hope this helps

Comments
Evan Edwards commented Aug 14 '14, 5:07 p.m. | edited Aug 14 '14, 5:09 p.m.

Thank you Robert for you response I completely agree with you that Work Item Templates can be removed using Eclipse. The problem that I am facing is that I work for the DOD using version 4.0.6 and currently we have an open PMR / SR with IBM to help fix the Eclipse client to authenticate using our computer authentication cards and we are getting nowhere with the request so I just find it interesting that you can create a work item template, but once you create the work item template you just have to keep creating more and cannot override the old existing template or delete it.

Robert Wen commented Aug 14 '14, 5:36 p.m.

I hear you, Evan.  I hear you. 

sam detweiler commented Aug 14 '14, 5:53 p.m.

used to be, not too long ago, you couldn't create a workitem template via the web either.

no supported way to edit an existing workitem template.

Robert Wen commented Aug 14 '14, 6:23 p.m.

Sam:

I've been wondering about something that I saw on v4.0.5 about work item template creation via the web where the links wouldn't get correctly copied over in the wizard and so if you quickly clicked through that part of the wizard, your template didn't have the links set up.  I've been too busy/lazy to follow up and see if this is a bug that has been fixed.  Have you heard anything related to this? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.