It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC 5.0 support Build System tool kit 4.0.1

shalini saini (162027) | asked Aug 13 '14, 2:41 a.m.
Does the RTC server verson 5.0 can work with Build system tool kit 4.0.1 ? Or build system tool kit also need to be upgrade??

Comments
Winston Enos commented Aug 13 '14, 11:11 a.m.

For what it's worth, I was able to use RTC 4.0.3's build system toolkit and scmtools fine with a RTC 5.0 server. The same goes for the Eclipse plugins. I don't think you'll have any issues.

As Ralph said though, you'll want to move to the next version as soon as you can since a lot of 5.0 improvements are aimed at the client (changeset gap editor, new importer/synchronizer commands, etc...)

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 13 '14, 2:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It should still work, which will buy you some time, however, you should upgrade the build engines to the current server version.

Comments
shalini saini commented Aug 13 '14, 2:59 a.m.

can you point me to some link which says it supports BSTK 4.0.1 and what would be the behavior?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 13 '14, 4:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, I can't. In general development targets for N-1 compatibility. Which means the clients should work across one major version difference. If this can't be done, the client will fail to connect at all.

If the client is not the same version, especially if the major version is different, the clients typically suffer performance drawbacks and can obviously not support newly available client features.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.