It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How many licenses do I need for db2 and WAS when using RTC?

Sreedhara thirthahalli (591415) | asked Aug 12 '14, 10:47 p.m.
edited Aug 20 '14, 12:39 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)

Hi

We have planned to migrate from clearcase to RTC server. and I am in a confusion stage like

we have planned for

1) JTS server and WAS server in one single machine and DB2 server in one separate server.

we require 50 developer licenses for RTC developer

But my query is :- How many Licenses do I need to go for WAS and DB2

do I need to go for 50 license each or One license enough.  like one license for WAS and one license is for DB2

Please clarify with me.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Aug 13 '14, 2:39 a.m.
edited Aug 13 '14, 2:40 a.m.
Hi Sreedhara,
According to https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0, when you purchase RTC licenses, you get automatically license for WAS and for db2 for running CLM:

4 Each valid client license includes a license to run one instance of DB2 Workgroup or Enterprise Edition (excludes z/OS) and one instance of WebSphere Application Server in support of Rational Team Concert. Trials of DB2 and WebSphere Application Server are also available. Express editions of WebSphere Application Server are also available for IBM i at no additional charge by ordering Web Enablement for IBM i. See system requirements for details.

I hope that it is exactly answer on your question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.