It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting the filter has created redundant numbers of data.

Shaff Raphael (5937) | asked Aug 12 '14, 4:33 a.m.
 Hye,

I have some difficulties using the filter. I created a report using Studio Report in Rational Insight. I put all the project and task detail to be displayed in a dashboard. I filtered the specific project to get total number of task. After I ran the report all the details are displayed according to the filter but only the total number of task is wrong. It displayed all the data in the project and did not respond to the specific filter, indirectly it showing the repeated data in total number of task column. Can I get some advice here how to fix this.
Thank you.

Regards,
Shaff Raphael

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 12 '14, 7:44 a.m.
edited Aug 12 '14, 7:45 a.m.
Hello Shaff,

from the description, without seeing the report, it's a bit difficult to figure out the exact problem.

In general I would advise trying to play with the Aggregate Function and Rollup Aggregate Function properties.

You can set Aggregate Function to the type of aggregation you want to display (total, count, average, ...) and usually Rollup Aggregate Function to Automatic.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.