It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Archiving of Dashboard Tabs

Albert Chirighin (1666) | asked Aug 11 '14, 3:12 p.m.
Hi All,
I'm looking for a way to Archive Dashboard Tabs.  Our Project Dashboard is getting busy, and we'd like to be able to Archive the currently unused Tabs rather than Delete them.

Thank You!

2 answers

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378109) | answered Aug 12 '14, 4:36 a.m.
Archiving dashboards doesn't make sense imho.
They don't store any productive data, the provide only another way to show the productive data.

Maybe you can work with several project dashboards, instead of deleting and recreating them.

greetings georg.

Comments
Frank Schophuizen commented Aug 13 '14, 7:53 a.m.

I disagree with this answer.

Support we have a dashboard tab per release. After many releases, you would like to hide (or archive) some old release tabs with the ability to unhide (or unarchive) them when you need them again. Recreating would be extra work that can be avoided if the tab would still be there.

permanent link
Ursula Beiersdorf (1313) | answered Apr 27 '16, 9:51 a.m.

It obviously is possible to just create an "Archive Version" of a dashboard, with those tabs that are no more needed.

However I also would like to see if there is a more elegant way. We have a standard set of dashboard per release and in RTC we do not have the Team structure by release, so, other than in RQM, I have one Dashboard for all Releases.

I would like to be able to not see the old Tabs. Any ideas?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.