It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

editing existing RTC report template

Jerry zhang (611) | asked Aug 11 '14, 11:23 a.m.

Hi, guys,

I am pretty new to RTC report, and I am using RTC 2.0. I have bunch of existing report templates, but I can not find a way to edit which means change the data set, layout, parameters. Do I need open it from workspace? Thank you

Comments
Robert Wen commented Aug 11 '14, 11:43 a.m.

Are you talking about the report templates that come out-of-the-box, or ones that you created yourself?

For RTC 2.0, I think you'd need to make sure you have BIRT installed on your Eclipse client to modify the report templates. 

Jerry zhang commented Aug 11 '14, 7:35 p.m.

Hi, Rob,

I am using RTC eclipse, and BIRT plugin was installed as well. The templates show up once connecting to the project area, so they are created. You mean I need a real eclipse IDE? Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Joseph Mao (440189) | answered Aug 11 '14, 8:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Jerry, 

You can install BIRT related plugins including BIRT, DTP, EMF, and WTP, then connect to Jazz Data Source.

There is a pretty detailed document in wiki, hope it helps:

BTW, RTC 2.0 is a pretty old version, which will be end-of-support Apr next year.
If you are evaluating this product, suggest go with latest version of RTC is 5.x.

Comments
Jerry zhang commented Aug 11 '14, 9:16 p.m.

Hi, Joseph,

So I do not need a real Eclipse, just RTC client is enough?
Thanks

Joseph Mao commented Aug 11 '14, 9:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

you need to have the RTC Eclipse client.  No separate Eclipse required.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.