It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Editing Microsoft Word templates/ Style sheet in RRC

SYED HUSSAIN (3718) | asked Aug 10 '14, 3:53 a.m.
Can we customise/edit Microsoft Word templates/ Style sheet to be used by RRC, outside RPE?

Like just open Doc file add header/footer or Comapny logo and saved it to use in RRC?

2 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Aug 11 '14, 3:17 a.m.
Please make sure that the name of Word template is same as the name of the RPE template. Are you using any macro?

Comments
SYED HUSSAIN commented Aug 11 '14, 3:34 a.m.

No not any macro.

Let me further define.

I am not having RPE in my system for now. I just tried to edit and save the default ModuleBook.doc file by entering any random test to check whether it applies the changes in RM or not.

Firstly, is it that simple to edit doc file and see the changes in RM?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Aug 11 '14, 3:58 a.m.

Yes. The Word template in Install_dir/server/conf/rm/reporting/initialization/templates/Word.
Are you running the publish initialize routine after the changes?

SYED HUSSAIN commented Aug 11 '14, 10:18 a.m.

Yes but it does not reflect the changes.
Any other thing to do?

SYED HUSSAIN commented Aug 11 '14, 10:24 a.m.

Should I add doc file to META-INF?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Aug 11 '14, 12:58 p.m.

Can you confirm if C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\temp\rrc_reports contain "rrdg" inside it? If not, please create rrdg folder.

SYED HUSSAIN commented Aug 12 '14, 2:38 a.m.

I am using WAS so dont think so there would be any directory on this location. Any alternative to check for?

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Aug 10 '14, 11:38 a.m.
edited Sep 09 '15, 5:11 a.m.
You have 2 options:
1. Edit .dta file and add the logo in Master Page. You need RPE for this.
2. Insert logo in the stylesheet (Word template). You do not need RPE for this. Please refer http://rpeactual.com/2014/07/23/use-word-stylesheets-and-run-macros-in-dng/

Comments
SYED HUSSAIN commented Aug 10 '14, 3:11 p.m.

Thanks Prasad for replying.

Primarily I don't need to work on headers/footer, only need to make basic changes like put company logo and change basic look and feel in ModuleBook. I tried to add basic text in ModuleBook.doc, saved it and Initiate Publish.

But it does not reflect when I created RRDG report from RM.
Any help in this regard.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.