It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customizing a query in Work Item bulk Editing

Amaury Quintero (901217) | asked Aug 07 '14, 7:33 a.m.
 Hello all,

I'm trying to customize a work item in the UI. I already have the query, then I want change the state of part of the query results work items, then I use the bulk editing feature in RTC, for now everything is OK, then I save the query. After that I load the saved query again, but the attributes that were used to bulk edit the work items were not saved.

Question.

It is possible to save the attributes used to bulk editing the work items in the query?

Comments
Robert Wen commented Aug 07 '14, 8:15 a.m.

Bulk editing requires the attributes to be visible in the query results.  So, you'd have to change the query results display to add those attributes that you want to use in bulk editing. 

2 answers

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Aug 07 '14, 9:10 a.m.
I'm not totally clear on the steps you followed, but if you go through the steps documented here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_modifying_multiple_work_items_web.html?lang=en
it should work.  If it still doesn't work, double check that you have permissions to modify the attributes you are attempting to update (by trying to open an individual work item and modifying the attribute there instead of in query results).

permanent link
Amaury Quintero (901217) | answered Aug 07 '14, 10:12 a.m.
 The query is ok, it is saved!! But every time I need to change multiples work items, I need to add them again to the query results. This is our problem, not to repeat the accion for adding to the query, the 2 attributes to be changed

Thanks for the help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.