It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot find the change sets after using the SCM load command

nanda S (201619) | asked Aug 07 '14, 7:07 a.m.
retagged Aug 07 '14, 4:16 p.m. by Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251)
Hi

I am trying to load the folders from a RTC component to the local drive using the scm command

scm load -d c:\workspace -i MyWorkspace -r SRV6

then all the folders are loaded in the workspace and I make some changes in the folders which are loaded

But when I refresh in the RTC I am not getting any Change-sets.

That is there is no reflection in the RTC when i give  refresh/refresh sandox.

Kindly reply if there is any solution for it.

Regards
Thanks
Nanda

Comments
Tim Mok commented Aug 07 '14, 8:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you provide more details to what you see? It sounds like you didn't check-in your changes so I don't see a reason why there would be any change sets.

nanda S commented Aug 08 '14, 12:30 a.m.

Hi Tim Mok,

I am trying to load the folders to my local drive using the scm command
after successful loading operation into the localdrive , I have edited the content in the folder

After doing all the above mentioned operation now i go to the RTC and refresh the pending changes (refresh/refresh remote changes) and I am not able to find any pending changes

Example
1)scm load--->local drive[C:\wrkspace\folder]--->modify some files
2)RTC---->RtClick on wokspace --->show pending changes-->refresh pending      changes

Thanks
nanda

Lily Wang commented Aug 08 '14, 3:13 a.m.

Could you see the modified files in the Unresolved folder?

If not, please check from Eclipse Windows > Preference, expand "Team > Jazz Source Control > Sandboxes",  has the sandbox directory "C:\wrkspace\folder" been added on the right?

Lily Wang commented Aug 08 '14, 3:14 a.m.

Could you see the modified files in the Unresolved folder?

If not, please check from Eclipse Windows > Preference, expand "Team > Jazz Source Control > Sandboxes",  has the sandbox directory "C:\wrkspace\folder" been added on the right?

Tim Mok commented Aug 08 '14, 8:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You didn't add your CLI sandbox to the list of sandboxes to be tracked by the Eclipse client. The CLI and Eclipse are separate clients and showing a repository workspace in Pending Changes will not add the other sandbox to the list of sandboxes to track.

In other words, tracking or loading a workspace in one client does not mean other clients will know where that workspace has been tracked or loaded.

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 07 '14, 5:43 p.m.
also sounds like he is loading the folder via the commandline, but looking for pending changes in Eclipse.

if you create an eclipse project over a folder created with Load, does it get set 'shared' so that it is managed by the Eclipse client?

Comments
nanda S commented Aug 08 '14, 12:21 a.m.

Hi sam detweiler,

In simple, this is what i have done:

1)load a workspace as a root folder using -SCM command(not a eclipse project)
2)In the local drive i modify the loaded folder contents
3)I go to RTC and refresh the pending changes of the loaded workspace
there is no pending changes to be found!

Tim Mok commented Aug 08 '14, 8:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sam is correct in this case. You'll have to add the CLI sandbox for the Eclipse client to track. Those are separate clients with separate sandboxes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.