It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Script Based Default Values and User Lists

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Aug 06 '14, 3:52 p.m.
 I have read this article, IBM: How to Automatically add users as subscribers and I had some ideas.  Is it possible to use Script Based Default Values for this?  I would like to dynamically create this list of default subscribers based on the Project Area or Team Area Member list.

Say I have a database team and an UI team.  When a Work Item is created for the Database team I want to add ALL the members of database team as subscribers to the ticket.  Since the membership can change over time I cannot rely on maintaining a User List default value.  I would like instead to, create a script that grabs the list of members of the Database Team area and make them subscribers.

One answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Aug 06 '14, 3:59 p.m.
I don't believe this is available via JavaScript due to the limitations on what APIs/values are accessible in JavaScript.

I think you could write a server-side plugin which, upon creation, look at the team, go load that team, and add each member as a subscriber.  We do something similar but by role (so it subscribes everyone who has a given role at the project area level) to a newly-created work item based on certain criteria.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.