It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM version 4.0.6 WAS profile not coming up if we clean wstemp and temp directories

Kaviraj Thangaraj (548) | asked Aug 06 '14, 3:53 a.m.
Hi,
We have upgraded our CLM from 4.0.2 to 4.0.6. After upgrade either CCM or QM application is not coming up if we empty the contents of WAS_Profile_Home/wstemp and WAS_Profile_Home/temp. In logs we see below entry.

2014-06-14 21:00:02,094 [       Launch callback handler] ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0292I Failed to start feature bundles.
java.lang.NullPointerException

I have raised Rational PMR and they updated application is fine and issue from WAS end. I have raised WAS PMR as well. I am not getting clear answer from them yet. Yesterday we have upgraded WAS version from 8.0.0.6 Base to 8.5.5 Base. Still issue is there. Can any one please help us.

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Aug 06 '14, 4:21 a.m.

Hi Kaviraj,

Is your JTS is up and running ? or all the application is not coming up.

Did you find any error message while installing the new 4.0.6 installation or up-gradation ?

Could you please provide us the complete log information.

Please try re-deploying the applications ?

Do you have space on the server ?

Regards,
Arun.

Kaviraj Thangaraj commented Aug 06 '14, 5:24 a.m.

Hi Arun,

Yes JTS is fine at anytime. If we restart without cleaning temp files(wstemp and temp of WAS profile) applications will be fine.

Upgrade went fine. We ran onlineVerify to validate the upgrade and application and there was no errors in onlineVerify logs for jts, qm and ccm. We have redeployed the war files already :(

Yes space is available in the server. 40+ GBs available. 15 GB RAM is there with 8GB allocated to the maximum heap. Sorry I am not sure how to upload logs here.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 07 '14, 12:49 a.m.
This looks to be an OSGI issue (all Jazz products are Eclipse based), not a WebSphere issue. When you remove the "temp" folder, you effectively do a "server reset" and all Jazz applications deployed in the WAS profile will be re-initialized. To find out more about the issue, search file "install.log" in the "temp" folder. You should get one for each Jazz application. Check the error messages in the install.log file for the failing Jazz application. You may end up re-installing the product, not just re-deploy the .war files.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.