It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Virtualization of RTC & RRC servers

Murat Isleyen (191620) | asked Aug 05 '14, 4:35 a.m.
Hi all,

We are using 4.0.3 of RRC and RTC with different physical machines and we want to move these servers to virtual machines. We cloned the machines to vm.

Because we can not change the URI of applications, I think there wont be a problem when the physical machines turn off and vms turn on. We are using SQL for db, Oracle for DWH. Applications run on Tomcat.

We do not have a test environment so I'm nervous. What configurations should I be careful? May I encounter some issues?

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Aug 05 '14, 4:48 a.m.
Hi Murat,
The most important is to follow following wiki article: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/MigratingCLMToANewEnvironment

Please let me know if that helps.

Comments
Murat Isleyen commented Aug 05 '14, 6:55 a.m. | edited Aug 06 '14, 5:26 a.m.

I think this is not answering my question. We have two server and we cloned both to VM. Now we want to switch VMs with physical machines. In this case, we do not touch any configuration and property files. DWH, DB, LDAP exist in the same config with seperate machines and location.

Actually I am looking for a checklist so I can not miss any step.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 07 '14, 1:28 a.m.
Generally speaking, as long as the cloned VMs assume the same IP address as the physical ones on the switch-over, everything should work. If you can't assign the same IP addresses, you need to change your DNS to reflect this change. If you need some documents to verify your configuration or your understanding, simply consider this as a manual "fail-over" of a "cold standby" configuration.
https://jazz.net/library/article/823#1.1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.