It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Certain data from RTC are not avilable in Insight

Shaff Raphael (5937) | asked Aug 04 '14, 4:52 a.m.
Hello,
I have a problem to generate my report in Report Studio. To create a report, I dragged some data from Data Warehouse (DW) package. Unfortunately, I cant find some data that I need in the package as I already saved the data in the Work Item template in RTC. I am very new to these tools and I need assistance to solve this problem. Thank you.

Regards,
Shaff Raphael

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 04 '14, 4:57 a.m.
Hello Shaff,

the Insight reports are using the data warehouse and not the applications repositories.
This mean that in order to see the data that you changed in RTC, you first need to run the ETL to collect the data and update the data warehouse.
This can either be from the data manager client, a data movement task,  the CLM data collection jobs or DCC, depending on what you are using on your system.
Usually the data is collected automatically once a day, during the night.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Shaff Raphael selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Shaff Raphael (5937) | answered Aug 04 '14, 5:32 a.m.
Hello Francesco,

Thanks for the reply. May I ask, is the application repository is fixed or it can be changed or add up? Actually I want to ask you a question with a picture but I cant upload the picture since my reputation point is insufficient. My problem is in the application repository for example has 'project name', 'priority', etc. But it dont have 'type of testing'. It has been weeks I try to find that module in the repository so that I can can display all the testing type. Is there anyway I can share the snapshot here?

Regards,
Shaff Raphael

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 04 '14, 5:44 a.m.
Hello Shaff,

I voted up some of your posts, so I hope you should now be able to post attachments.

In general to see if some information from RTC is available for reporting with Insight and where to find it you can consult the data dictionary:

Change and configuration management data dictionary
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/ccm-roles.html

Data dictionaries for the other CLM applications can be found here:

Reporting data dictionaries
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.rational.reporting.overview.doc/topics/c_reference_datadictionary.html

• Basically you start by selecting the section where the information you are looking for belongs in the RTC Web UI.
  • You look in the table for the specific information you need in the UI Element and UI Field columns.
  • Once you have found it, the FM Model Path, FM Model Query Subject, FM Model Query Item will tell you where to find the information in the RRDI/Insight data model.
  • If those columns state N/A, or the information you are looking for is not listed at all; this most likely mean that it's not available for reporting in Insight/RRDI.
Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.