It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What's the sort order on a widget displayed as a Table

Karen Steele (1.2k1134138) | asked Aug 01 '14, 10:02 a.m.
I had always thought that a widget displaying work item statistics and displayed as a table, sorted by the count count of the entries lowest to highest

It seems in 4.0.5, this is now totally random Widget Sorting Example

The underlying queries condition has only a type selection and the display columns include Type, ID, Status and Summary.  The widget is displayed as a table and grouped by Status ...

This is definitely not sorting by the status or by the count per status type  .. so what it is doing ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 04 '14, 4:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Karen, I looked into it briefly. i think the sort occurs on the first attribute (status in your case) and depends on how these values are sorted. E.g. for priority I got high, medium, low, unassigned (Reverse order as stored, highest literal ID first). I am not sure how the sorting is implemented here. However, your state order above is almost certainly also sorted in a certain way which reflects on this statistics page. You can reorder states in the process XML. There is no setting on the statistics to order on the 2nd column I could find. 

Comments
Karen Steele commented Aug 08 '14, 1:26 p.m. | edited Aug 08 '14, 1:27 p.m.

doesn't seem to matter if I sort on the correct sequence in the XML - the widget when using the State just does not sort based on either the count or the state itself .. ;0(

As an FYI .. any other widget using the table as the display method, that DOES NOT use the State as the sorting does organize correctly based on the count of the values in question .. so its specific to STATE

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.