It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Code change to my custom precondition for Save Work Item (Server) didn't take effect.

feng chen (746) | asked Aug 01 '14, 3:30 a.m.
edited Aug 01 '14, 3:57 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 I created a custom precondition last month, and it worked well after I deployed to the server.

Now, I made a code change to the precondition, and changed the trace in the activator of the precondition. And then I deployed it to the server and restarted the server. However, I only saw the old trace but not the changed trace. And then I open the client and tried the precondition, finding that my code change didn't take effect.

Later, I removed the precondition folder from the "server\conf\jazz\sites", also the profile in the "provision_profiles" folder. Then I restarted the server, and I saw the old trace again, I think it shouldn't appear here.

Is there anyone who knows what happened? Thanks a lot!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 01 '14, 3:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Feng,

not sure what you mean if you say "Trace". Please see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/06/12/is-the-extension-deployed-how-can-i-redeploy/
feng chen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
feng chen commented Aug 01 '14, 4:16 a.m.

I added a System.out.println() in the Activator of the precondition so that some message will be printed during the start of the server

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 01 '14, 4:31 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '14, 4:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I had a conversation with a colleague recently, who did the same but couldn't find all the outputs. We are not sure why.

One other answer

permanent link
feng chen (746) | answered Aug 01 '14, 4:28 a.m.
 Hi Ralph, the link helped me out, the server just need to restart to redeploy the precondition. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.