It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to tell if our CLM has been installed with RRDI ?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked Jul 31 '14, 8:37 p.m.
 I was told that: 
  • We have an RRDI server for RTC on PRD, but "not currently in use by users" 
  • RRDI may be integrated with RTC on DEV but definitely not so on PRD.
I, who have not used RRDI before, wonder how I can verify if RRDI is used in conjuction with a  CLM 4.0.3 implementation: it does not matter if this is done via access or by looking at config files or install dir structure. So that I can plan an upgrade to either 4.0.5 or 5.0.1 with RRDI.

And if we do plan an upgrade to 5.0.1 can we use RRDI in conjunction with DCC. I only found infos on Insight framework on DCC so far.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 01 '14, 4:49 a.m.
Hello  long,

if RRDI is properly configured for RTC you should be able to open it from the RTC Web UI by doing:
Reports > Perform Additional Reporting Tasks > Manage resource in Cognos Connection

In the Application Administration of RTC the connection to RRDI is configured under
Reports > Custom Reports Connection

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
long TRUONG commented Aug 15 '14, 1:11 p.m. | edited Aug 15 '14, 1:13 p.m.

On both .../jts/admin and .../ccm/admin, got:

Reports > Custom Reports Connection
with a connection to the RRDI server on TEST env
but NO connection (blank URL) to the RRDI server on PRD

NO Reports > Perform Additional Reporting Tasks found anywhere under Reports tab.

Francesco Chiossi commented Aug 16 '14, 1:54 p.m. | edited Aug 16 '14, 1:55 p.m.

Hello  long,

to clarify, Reports > Perform Additional Reporting Tasks is in the main RTC WebUI when you open a project area.
It's not the same Reports tab in the /admin page.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

One other answer

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Aug 01 '14, 12:14 a.m.
 The short answer is to see if the connections from the RRDI server to the CLM appications (in this case, RTC) are there and to what servers (PRD vs DEV) they are to.  

Start with the following page from the Knowledge Center.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_4.0.3/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/t_val_custom_reporting_clm_setup.html

Hope this helps!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.