It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move work items accross the plans?

shruti joshi (1003137) | asked Jul 30 '14, 3:45 a.m.
edited Jul 30 '14, 5:49 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
Hi,

Form my project in RTC I am using Formal Project Process. I have created few Plans in it along with the work items. I want to move these work items with in the plans, but the option of Moving up, down and into are disable.
 can you please tell me how to enable these options in RTC??

I am using RTC version 4.0.6

Thanks and Regards disable options in plans

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 30 '14, 8:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Customizing Plan modes is described here: https://jazz.net/library/article/590#Customizing_Plan_Modes various other articles explain planning here: https://jazz.net/library/#sort=pubDate&tag=planning several of them don't keep up with the UI changes, I guess.

I did some quick tests with 5.0 - I would expect similar behavior with 4.x
  • These options are probably not available for views that have a tree display.
  • These options are only available for views that define a sorting option.

I was able to use them in traditional planning if

• The view was sorted and had no tree display
  • I selected at least 2 items (checkbox in front)

I have seen the menus in some cases for only one item selected, e.g. in the ranked list in agile plans.

I would assume the need to select multiple items is a defect.

I was able to use drag and drop in various plans, included traditional plans. If drag and drop does not work, the up and down menus won't work either.

shruti joshi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
shruti joshi commented Jul 31 '14, 1:04 a.m.

Hi,

Can I customize the Formal PM Template and enable these options??? I have read the article https://jazz.net/library/article/572, very few items are customizable in this template as per this article. I want few more customization in addition to recommended ones.. can you please guide me for the same.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 2:02 a.m.

As the options are already enabled and are available under some circumstances, no.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 30 '14, 3:51 a.m.
There are views in plans that won't allow to move data up and down. The are are also limitations on where you can drop items. For example, views that don't show a hierarchy (display as tree option not configured), where you can not make work item children in the view by drag and drop.

Please check the view you are using in the plan.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 30 '14, 6:02 a.m.

In addition, drag and drop works by grabbing the handle in front of the selection, dragging the work item in between two work items or over one.

shruti joshi commented Jul 30 '14, 6:59 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

can you please tell me the steps for configuring Views in Tree structure? Because I have already setted the display as tree option with Parent-->Children.

shruti joshi commented Jul 30 '14, 7:01 a.m.

also I am not able to do the drag and drop these work items

shruti joshi commented Jul 30 '14, 7:05 a.m.

Are these options (Move Above, Move Below and Move Into) are not available in the Formal Project Management Process???  If they are not available, how can I enable or add additional options in this process...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.