It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I use RPE to show other than basic RRC/DNG artifact attributes? (verification method, etc.)

Jeff Miller (525) | asked Jul 29 '14, 12:45 a.m.

Greetings All,

I am using RPE 1.2.1 to report on RRC/DNG 4.0.5.  I am able to get the artifact identifier from the resources data source, then dynamically configure the text data source to get the primary text, but I am now having trouble figuring out how to get the additional attributes.  I have several custom attributes, such as verification method, variant, Int/Ext that I must show (and in certain instances filter on) in my reports, but I cannot seem to figure out where they are in the schema.  I don't know if I'm even using the correct schema file, or URI, to begin with, so I have little confidence that I'll find it just by poking around at the queries that are shown in my data sources.

As with my last post, this is probably a newbie question, but I don't see the answer anywhere.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Jul 29 '14, 3:29 a.m.
Hi Jeff

I never accessed a single attribute.. and I'm not sure it's possible

What  I did is displaying all attributes in a Table
dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/name  as name
and as script which checks what type of value it is and select /value or /literalName

have a look at the build in RPE ( like [JazzTeamServer]\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\rrdg)

Hope this helps
erwin

Jeff Miller selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Jeff Miller (525) | answered Jul 29 '14, 2:26 p.m.

Erwin,

Your answer solved the hardest part of this problem (understanding the behavior of the customAttribute query in the text schema) and allowed me to move forward to solve the filtering and display portion of the problem.  I only wanted a few of the attributes, so I did the following:

1. Determine the names (datasource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/name) of the attribute I needed

2. Add a table with the correct number of cells

3. Add the query (datasource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute) to each cell

4. Add a filter to each cell checking for name = one of the items found in step 1.

5. Add the text element to each cell with the datasource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/literalname as value.

It will still require some fine tuning asthetically, but as a PoC, it is exactly what I needed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.