It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I use RPE to get RRC/DNG artifact details after following links from other RRC/DNG artifacts?

Jeff Miller (525) | asked Jul 28 '14, 11:46 p.m.

Greetings All,

I am using RPE 1.2.1 to report on RRC/DNG 4.0.5.  I have created a report in which, for each artifact (requirement), the identifier and primary text are shown, followed by the identifier of all parent and/or child linked artifacts.  However, my report is not complete until I am showing the primary text of the linked requirements, instead of only the identifier.  I have made reports which start at a workitem (in RTC) or a testcase (in RQM) and then from the link reveal both the identifier and primary text.  I have found that the same logic does not apply here, apparently because a "cycle" (loop) would be created.

I know this is probably a basic question, but I haven't found anywhere that it is currently addressed.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-John

One answer

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Jul 29 '14, 3:43 a.m.
Hi Jeff (John)

Not sure what you're looking for is possible that way

To get to the linked artifact information  you need to access the given artifact. I did that in a report

1) search for the parent artifact, and grab the id of the linked child and put it in a attribute as string
2) create a new dynamic source and configure it by creating the query containing the id I've found before, this actually in a loop, so you can get all child
 a) Use a script to generate the URL and assign it to another variable
     _childDataURL= _baseURL+"/publish/text?resourceURI="+[the_id]+ "&showEmbedTitles="+ showEmbedTitles;
b) use this variable as URI for the Data Source Configuration

Hope this helps

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.