It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Asyncronous Task not working after upgrade

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Jul 28 '14, 10:42 a.m.
I have upgrade my RTC from 4.0.2 to 5.0.  I am having problems with my async task that I created based on this article, Async Tasks Explained

I see in the log that when the server is starting and deploying the components it receives this error: CRJAZ0281E The "com.ibm.team.process.common" dependency bundle cannot be installed.

Looking into the Plugin configuration I noticed that I am not longer able to add this class, com.ibm.team.process.common as a dependency any longer.

all that is listed is:
com.ibm.team.process.common.jf.features.source
com.ibm.team.process.common.tests

Does this mean that we don't have access to this module any longer?  If, so what is the package that we can use as a replacement.

I have the following imports in my code that are in that package:
import com.ibm.team.process.common.IProjectArea;
import com.ibm.team.process.common.IProjectAreaHandle;

I am also expect to have the same problem with package, com.ibm.team.repository.common and the following imports
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.IContributor;
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.IItemType;
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException;
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.query.IItemQuery;
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.query.ast.IDynamicQueryModel;
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.query.ast.IItemQueryModel;
import com.ibm.team.repository.common.util.NLS;

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 28 '14, 10:52 a.m. | edited Jul 28 '14, 10:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Robert, I can add com.ibm.team.process.common as dependency in 5.0. If it is in your plugin as dependency, the bundle is no longer available in the plug-in selection.

I have run the Extensions Workshop with 5.0 and the new Extensions workshop setup. I have not seen this (in my Jetty environment)

I find it irritating that the error message says  : CRJAZ0281E The "com.ibm.team.process.common" dependency bundle cannot be installed.
Why should this be installed? It should have been installed already.

Can u set up the Extensions workshop and import your plugins there and try the extensions ?

One answer

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928589) | answered Jul 28 '14, 1:03 p.m.
I have created a VM image based on the Workshop.  I see that the plugin is there and cannot be selected again.

Ok looking further through the logs I found this.  So it appears that it was a loading time issue.  It appears that it did install successfully just after other things loaded first.

CRJAZ0300I This feature is being installed: "com.ibm.js.WiDueDateNotifier.Feature_1.0.0.201407281125".
CRJAZ0281E The "com.ibm.team.process.common" dependency bundle cannot be installed.
CRJAZ0288E The "com.ibm.js.WiDueDateNotifier.Feature" profile feature could not be installed from the "file:ccm/sites/wiDueDateNotifier-update-site" update site that is referenced in the "/home/sdkadmin/rtc50dev/installs/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/ccm/provision_profiles/widuedatenotifier-update-site.ini" profile file.
com.ibm.team.repository.provision.ProvisionException: CRJAZ0281E The "com.ibm.team.process.common" dependency bundle cannot be installed.
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:400)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileProperties(ProvisionService.java:952)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1009)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1143)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1081)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1160)
at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.install.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:172)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)
An error occurred while installing the feature "com.ibm.js.WiDueDateNotifier.Feature" from update site "file:ccm/sites/wiDueDateNotifier-update-site". The installation of that feature will be attempted again if other profiles are installed successfully.

Later in the log...
Attempting to re-install feature "com.ibm.js.WiDueDateNotifier.Feature" from update site "file:ccm/sites/wiDueDateNotifier-update-site" because some other profiles were installed since the last attempt.
CRJAZ0303I The profile install from "file:ccm/sites/wiDueDateNotifier-update-site" was started at "Mon Jul 28 11:26:56 EDT 2014".

CRJAZ0300I This feature is being installed: "com.ibm.js.WiDueDateNotifier.Feature_1.0.0.201407281125".
CRJAZ0299I Installing bundle from the URL "file:/home/sdkadmin/rtc50dev/installs/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/ccm/sites/wiDueDateNotifier-update-site/plugins/com.ibm.js.repository.widuedatenotifier.service_1.0.0.201407281125.jar".

CRJAZ0307I Starting the bundle "com.ibm.js.repository.widuedatenotifier.service 1.0.0.201407281125".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.