It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error in lscm deliver command saying "Nothing to deliver. No outgoing changes were found."

Ashok Sharma (3211118) | asked Jul 28 '14, 3:17 a.m.
Hi,
I am migrating streams from accurev to rtc, for one stream i am getting below error 
Nothing to deliver. No outgoing changes were found.

I am migrating using shell script which first merge code in trunk (Say Base_Trunk) then creates one snapshot from it then maintenance stream. 

First two streams (release1, release2) migrated successfully but for third stream (release3) i am getting this error (i am using component name say "my_component").  

but lscm status command shows many unresolved changes like below

>>>> RTC workspace status is:

Workspace: (1253) "release3_workspace" <-> (1220) "Base_Trunk>
  Component: (1229) "my_component"
    Baseline: (1250) 5 "release2_SS"
    Unresolved:
      -c- /build.xml
      -c- /build_config/product-version.properties
      -c- /Script/dashboard_input/cubeMeta.xml
      -c- /src/main/java/com/BusinessLogic/Bean/TestConfigureServi>
      -c- /src/main/java/com/BusinessLogic/Bean/TestDataService/>

And it fails saying 
>>>> Delivering to RTC...

Nothing to deliver. No outgoing changes were found.

Can anyone help me on this?

2 answers

permanent link
Ashok Sharma (3211118) | answered Jul 28 '14, 4:29 a.m.
edited Jul 28 '14, 4:29 a.m.
Thanks Ralph, after further analysis i found that checkin is failing because of file encoding error

>>>> Start of check-in log:

Commit failed. Invalid encoding during checkin for:
  /src/main/java/com/Framework/Event/Application/CounterUpdateListener.java (UTF-8)
  /src/main/java/com/BusinessLogic/Helper/formulahelpers/FormulaHelper.java (UTF-8)
Problem running 'checkin':
Unable to checkin due to invalid file encoding or line delimiter.

>>>> End of Check-in log:

That's why nothing is going from undelivered to outgoing bucket hence lscm deliver is returning with error. 
Is there any way to skip this encoding check?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 28 '14, 4:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, but you can use tools such as notepad++ or Eclipse to fix the encoding of the files.

Ashok Sharma commented Jul 28 '14, 5:46 a.m. | edited Jul 28 '14, 9:29 a.m.

I am migrating this stream from accurev and i can't change encoding there and since i am migrating using command line toll and many streams in one go so i don't have liberty to correct it from eclipse rtc.

after searching this forum i came to know that we can have one magic.properties file in at below location 
~/.jazz-scm/magic.properties

In this file we can set mime type, delimiter and and encoding so i am planning to rerun with this magic.properties file with content like below

*.java: mime: text/plain; delim: platform; encoding: UTF-8

is it right approach?

Shashikant Padur commented Jul 30 '14, 11:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that the magic.properties file will work only for the first time when you checkin the files. If you have already checked in the files then it will not be affected.

Ashok Sharma commented Aug 01 '14, 9:37 a.m.

Thanks Shashikant, i am not sure but somehow this problem is gone after trying 2-3 times :-)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 28 '14, 3:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can only guess, but it looks that the files are unresolved (not checked in). You need to check them in to create change sets, in order to be able to deliver them. The deliver operation does not create change stets from unresolved local changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.