It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Save Multiple Workitems Edition Fields in a Query

Sergio Lorente (981711) | asked Jul 25 '14, 9:46 a.m.
We need to save a custom query, in multi edition mode, in order to use it again with the same editable fields.

Thanks in advance.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 25 '14, 9:55 a.m.

sorry, I don't now understand the use case you presented.  could u explain again?

what is "multi-edition mode"

to save a query for others to use, you go to the details tab.
to prompt for query input values, (starting in 4.0.1) you select the requires input icon on the query parameter.. (I have not tried multiple prompted parms myself, but one certainly works.
to configure which fields are displayed for a query you use the Column display tab in the query editor

2 answers

permanent link
Sergio Lorente (981711) | answered Jul 25 '14, 11:39 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '14, 11:47 a.m.
That's a product capability. We only need to save it in that way or open it programmatically.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 25 '14, 11:56 a.m.

the capability to SAVE the query with that setting selected or open it with the setting already selected is the 'capability' I was speaking of.

I know that multi-select is a product feature. I have used it many times.

permanent link
Sergio Lorente (981711) | answered Jul 25 '14, 11:14 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '14, 11:15 a.m.
Thank you for your quick response.
After you run a query, you will find somethin like this: step1

After pressing "Edit multiple workitems" icon, you will be invited to choose which WorkItems will be change with selected attribute's value:

step2

You only need to execute it to change those WorkItems.

So my question is:
 Can i save the query with that "state", i mean, can i run a query which returns a workitem's list and a list of attributes ready to change some of those workitems?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 25 '14, 11:30 a.m.

Ok, you want to know if it is possible to have Bulk Edit  already selected as part of the query results..

I think the answer is No.   I have never seen this capability anywhere.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.