It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to write queries across Project Areas?

Harish Chandar (611) | asked Jul 24 '14, 3:37 a.m.
I would like to know if it is feasible to write queries across 2 Project Areas. I have work items linked where Child is in 1 Project Area and Parent is in another Project Area.

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 25 '14, 4:41 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '14, 4:41 a.m.
Hello Harish,

an alternative to get data from multiple project areas would be using a reporting solution like RRDI, Insight or RPE.
You can also directly query the data warehouse database.
The limitation in this case is that you only have access to a subset of the information that a query can give you.

Jazz Reporting Service is also a promising solution, but at the current release only provide OOTB reports support
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.team.jp.jrs.doc/topics/c_jrs_intro.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 24 '14, 3:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Harish,

as far as I know this is currently not possible. This is a popular request however.

The problem with doing it is, each project area has potentially a different process definition with different attribute specifications. Not even attributes with the same ID are necessarily comparable, or provide the same values.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.