It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: Criteria of Acceptance and Test conversation relation

Armin Galliker (612) | asked Jul 23 '14, 8:20 a.m.
Hi
Could someone explain what a "Test conversation" is? Is this something similar to "Criteria of Acceptance"? Would be great if someone could explain those two expressions and their relation to each other (maybe with an example)...

Thanks.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 5:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can't figure if the question is related to tooling. Can you be more specific?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 31 '14, 5:05 a.m.
The 'Criteria of Acceptance' in agile templates are usually a description of what criteria need to be fulfilled to accept a story as implemented. These criteria are typically described before the story gets implemented. It just provides with criteria that allow to say work is done. This is important, because otherwise you can never say work is done, because there is typically always something in addition that could be asked for.

I am not sure what a Test conversation is.

Comments
Armin Galliker commented Jul 31 '14, 5:09 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. 

I am not sure what a Test conversation is. 

This is exactly my point too... It's next to 'Criteria of Acceptance' in RTC so I thought it might be related...

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 5:11 a.m.

Which process template do you refer to?

Armin Galliker commented Jul 31 '14, 7:57 a.m.

Good question. Not sure. I would assume Scrum. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 8:54 a.m.

No, I looked into the Scrum template that ships with RTC (5.0) and there is only acceptance criteria (with a text attribute for comments/criteria for the acceptance test). You can see the process template's name when opening the project area administration overview page.

If this is not an out of the box template (and even if - it could be customized), please ask your Scrum master or the process people what that is supposed to do.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.