It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

problem running RTC jar on windows

Roger Layani (5313238) | asked Jul 23 '14, 3:33 a.m.
 Hi
I am trying to build a client application to be used standalone.
I used the Plain Java API 4.0.3 and test it in my eclipse environment and it works.
I export this application in a runnable JAR file and tried to run it on windows command line
I get the error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.<init>(TeamRepository.java:420)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.createSharedTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:526)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:112)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:131)
        at main.runQuery.login(runQuery.java:183)
        at main.runQuery.main(runQuery.java:80)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The type name Contributor and the namespace URI com.ibm.team.repository do not resolve to an IItemType.
        at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.querypath.AbstractQueryPathModel$Implementation.getItemType(AbstractQueryPathModel.java:192)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.common.query.IQuery$Factory.newInstance(IQuery.java:93)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ContributorManager.createAllContributorsQuery(ContributorManager.java:72)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ContributorManager.<clinit>(ContributorManager.java:60)
        ... 6 more

what is the problem?

2 answers

permanent link
Thomman TJ (9521111) | answered May 13 '15, 4:55 p.m.
I could resolve by following the steps mentioned @
 https://jazz.net/forum/questions/23488/self-executing-jar-with-plain-java-api/181133

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 23 '14, 3:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think there are too many possibilities to tell.
In general I have done that and it works, provided you have a JDK and provide the Plain Java Client Libraries in the classpath.

In https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/rtc-extension-workshop-overhaul/ I talk about how this can be done in general. You can download the batch with the workshop linked in the post.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 5:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Assuming it runs in Eclipse, check the JDK that is used (you need a JDK, most likely, since the EXT folder is needed). I'd use the JDK that comes with RTC. Check the readme file in the snippet that come with the plain java client libraries for more hints.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.