It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customize Work Item Fields

Andrea Ianni (1611916) | asked Apr 27 '09, 10:12 a.m.
Hi, I have two questions for us:

- I would fix the choice of certain items of work item according to the values of other items.
For example for Defects I have fields A and B. Possible values for the field A are A1 and A2. Possible values for the field B are B1, B2 and B3.
When the user selects A1 I want to be shown that only the values B1 and B2 for the field B. This is possible in Jazz 1.0?

- It's possible (in Jazz 1.0) turn certain fields mandatory only when switching from one state to another? For example, when switching from Closed to In Progres, I would make some mandatory fields that, when you open a new work item, they are not.

Thanks
Andrea

One answer

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Apr 27 '09, 10:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrea

In 1.0 both things are not supported.

In 2.0, the first is partially possible by contributing some code (see task 73683 https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/73683), partially as it is a eclipse-UI only solution.

The second this is supported (state-based required properties) and can be configured in the same place as the non-state-based required properties.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.