It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove Test Environment Type?

Liora Milbaum (513282117) | asked Jul 20 '14, 10:38 a.m.
 CLM 4.0.4

How do I remove the default test environment types from the 'Generate Test Case Execution Records wizard' -> Environment Section->Generate Test Environments Tab?

Thanks,
Liora

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 24 '14, 2:16 a.m.

There is an existing RFE you may want to comment on:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=60923

Accepted answer

permanent link
Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | answered Jul 23 '14, 3:57 p.m.
I don't think you can delete them. Just hide them (I'm not sure that the option to hide is available on 4.0.4, but I think it is).
That's true (on 4.0.6 at least) for both types and attributes associated with a type.
Liora Milbaum selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 24 '14, 2:14 a.m.

Thanks Taly. Taly is right that it does not seem that we can delete the type even though the GUI allows me to do that(once deleted, the remove type menu becomes greyed but the menu is still there).
Yes, v4.0.4 allows to hide the menus.

2 other answers

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8280269) | answered Jul 23 '14, 3:49 p.m.
Hello,

I created some test types, and I too cannot delete them. I opened a PMR about this and they could not delete their own. The answer was, "working as designed".

Which is terrible....

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 21 '14, 2:10 a.m.
Hi,  Liora

If you go to Manage Project Properties > TestPlan Environment Types, you may be able to remove the types so long as you have right permissions. Normally this may not be a good practice, you can consider to hide the menus by going to Manage Project Properties> Lab Resources and Channel Properties and hide the unwanted menus all together. This way, you can easily come back here and restore the hidden types later on

Hopefully this helps

Don

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.