It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuring Insight/Cognos Data Manager with 2 JTS Repositories

Corey Jacobs (642439) | asked Jul 18 '14, 7:18 p.m.
I'm looking to integrate Insight 1.1.3 with 2 JTS repositories, as both are active.  I'm using the following article for reference: https://jazz.net/library/article/993.  I downloaded all neccessary JTS/CCM XDC files, added them to data source System DSN, and ensured the test connections are fine.   I made it to step 2 and ran into a problem with Cognos Data Manager.  How do I change the data source connections to point to both JTS connections/repositories?  It only allows to select one at a time.  If I add the new connection for the 2nd JTS connection, I'm afraid that it will no longer work on the already established JTS connection.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Jul 22 '14, 3:59 p.m.

Hi Corey,
To accomplish this, our team updated the XDC files we downloaded from the first repository to add a second ResourceGroup for the second repository, linking to the ResourceGroup for the first repository.

Make sure you fill in the URL, user name, and password correctly and the other big gotcha is setting the GUID accurately.  This requires you to manually update the XDC files in a text editor to ensure that the GUID of the second repository is set correctly to match the UUID of your repository -- you can get this from the second set of XDC files you downloaded.  It should look something like  _xAnYQQ_PEd6yro8l0oSGHAJFS  (it will have a JFS, BUILD, WORKITEM, etc extension for each XDC file type).

Once you have a set of combined XDC files, when you run the ETL it will loop through each resource group and run them in sequence.

Corey Jacobs selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Corey Jacobs commented Jul 29 '14, 5:23 p.m.

Hi Jackie.  Thanks for the great response.  I will look into this approach. 

One other answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 21 '14, 11:23 a.m.
Hello Corey,

my understanding is that steps 1 to 3 are about the first full load, and in that case you replace your existing connection with the new JTS to do a full load only from that instance.

I think you would need a new Cognos data source to use for the delta load described in step 4, so that you can still use the original one to point to the first JTS.
I'm not sure about what would be the most efficient way to duplicate the jobs and replace the data sources, as the article doesn't seem to fully cover this aspect.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.