It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to restrict editing a private query?

Leonardo Marzo (24964852) | asked Jul 18 '14, 10:14 a.m.
 Hi, 

Is it possible to restrict user access to edit "private" queries? When you create a "private" query, other users can't see it. However, if they have the link of the query, they are able to edit it, even when the query is not shared with them. 

I have tested it with 4.0.5 and 5.0 and the behavior is the same.

This is really important for us, because we have configured the precondition "Require Work Items to Match Query". The precondition works fine when a user tries to deliver a change set with an associated workitem that doesn't match the query. However, since Eclipse shows the link to the query, developers are able to access it and edit it (I know, developers shouldn't do that, but they do). 

I´ll appreciate your help. 

Thanks, 

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 18 '14, 10:23 a.m.

Wow! that sounds like a defect.

Greg Pflaum commented Jul 18 '14, 1:19 p.m.

Leonardo Marzo commented Jul 18 '14, 1:43 p.m.

Yes, but that's for shared queries. This scenario sounds like a defect, I agree with sam. And I don't see any workaround for this 

One answer

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Jul 18 '14, 7:48 p.m.
Thanks for submitting the defect, Leonardo.

I can confirm this behavior on 5.0 and I believe the dev team should investigate it better.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.