It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make browsing faster between applications?

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked Jul 17 '14, 10:48 a.m.
Hello,

We have more than 100 lifecycle projects and browsing among them is very painfull.
We have a menu item in RQM which directs us to RTC for defect creation. But when the user goes to RTC for defect management purpose, it's difficult to go back to RQM projects. That might be most important missing part of RTC's menu items.

Another example is that RQM has a "Create Requirment" menu item in which user use to reach RRC for requirement management purpose. But there's no way user opens RQM project easily from RRC project.

When you are in RRC there's no way to reach RQM or RTC projects except for pressing Home button.

As we have 100 projects, home button dont show all the projects too as there's a limitations.

In summary our main problem is to navigate from RRC to RQM and from RTC to RQM.

How can we achieve that? May be an enhancement might be good for this question.

One answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 17 '14, 12:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Canberk,

I have two suggestions for you, assuming that I understand your question correctly:

1) For an easier way to navigate between RRC, RQM, and RTC project areas, I would suggest that you add the "My Projects" widget to your project dashboards. This will display all of the CLM projects which your user ID is a member of, and will page easily through the projects if the list gets large (as it seems to be in your case).

2) When using RRC, you can perform a similar action as the "Create Requirement" dialog in RQM. If you open a certain requirement artifact within RRC and decide that you would like to associate a new or existing RQM Test Case (for example), you can open the Links sidebar in the RRC artifact editor and select the Validated By link type (or any one of the CLM link types applicable to RM-QM integration). From there, a dialog will be displayed which will allow you to pick from any linked RQM project area, and either select an existing TC or else create a new one. This linking integration is also applicable to RTC by using the Implemented By link type.

While this functionality is not available via a specific menu item, as in RQM, I'm hoping that this might still be able to serve your purposes for effectively integrating between the CLM apps. However, if you find that this functionality is still lacking, I would suggest that you submit an enhancement request for the particular product(s).

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski

Comments
Canberk Akduygu commented Jul 18 '14, 1:18 a.m.

Hi Michael,
Those use case are ok for me. All my users are applying this methods. But our main problem is not linkin artifact to each other, my problem is browsing between application. I believe there should be a simple menu icon which leads me to corresponding project area in other application.

"My Projects" widget is ok for a workaround but I am going to create an enhancement in any case.

Thank you for the help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.