It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New Link Types in DNG 5.0 are greyed out.

Stephen Hunt (81112) | asked Jul 15 '14, 4:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 16 '14, 10:21 a.m.
Added two new bi-directional link types. With RDF. Exited browser, restarted jazz. When I try to add a new link to an existing artifact, they new links show but are greyed out. Why?

Comments
Mike Jaworski commented Jul 16 '14, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Stephen,

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're seeing. Could you please provide some more details, and possibly even screenshots? Where do the links showing as greyed out - in the links sidebar? Are you able to work with these links after they are created, i.e. can you delete them, or click them to access the linked artifact?

Thanks in advance

Mike Jaworski commented Jul 16 '14, 10:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I received this response from Stephen over email, since he does not currently have the ability to upload images to the forum:

"I don't have the ability to use the links I created, as you can see they are not selectable."

I'll see if I am able to reproduce in my 5.0 environment.

One answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 16 '14, 11:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Stephen,

Would you please check your Permissions configuration for this project, and for the Role you have assigned to yourself in this project? I am able to reproduce this greying out behavior when I explicitly restrict the Permission for Save Link -> Create Link -> Create a link of a specific type ->  Create [link type] Link for my specific role (Administrator role, in my case). 

For example, if your role is "Author", then you should go to https://[host]/rm/admin -> Permissions tab, select Author from the "Show by Role" menu, and then scroll down until you are able to see the Save Link permission and the hierarchy I mentioned above, and make sure that you have this permission enabled for your role.

If this does not help, could you please let me know the following additional information:

- Your repository roles
- Your licenses assigned
- The RDF information you supplied for the link types you created

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski

Comments
Stephen Hunt commented Jul 16 '14, 12:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Mike,

Permissions checked out for my user "Susan" who is a JazzUser with a DNG Analyst license. She is an Author and Author was green for saving link types; also, she has created a number of other links of various types - all defined by the system.

Originally I had spoofed RDF URIs  for each of the links that followed the form of the Specifies RDF. So it seems to maybe come down to the RDF. Is there guidance somewhere on how to construct RDF URIs for new link types in DNG? The info center was silent on the topic.

Mike Jaworski commented Jul 16 '14, 1:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hmmmm that's interesting ... Since permissions and licenses look good, I imagine that the RDF URIs are probably the root cause here, but I'm not able to reproduce the problem even after "attacking" the type system. I'm also not able to find any more information about defining RDF URIs, which is not great. I wish I could be more help, but I think your best bet at this point would be to open a PMR with Rational Support, so that we can collect more data in order to hopefully identify a defect here. Sorry I couldn't be more help ...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.