It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding the deleted user

Sowmya C (768) | asked Jul 15 '14, 10:03 a.m.
We have duplicate account for a user. Although one account is active and another is archived, the user is able to login through RTC web interface but unable to login through eclipse ot RTC windows shell.

I want to delete the user from the AD and again add the user again. Will it have an impact on the artifacts created by the active user.

Can anyone please guide me on this?

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 15 '14, 10:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You won't be able to delete the user from CLM. Instead, you need to change the userid names and then re-import the original user from AD or LDAP. The following technote provides a way to do this:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21499910

Note that if the duplicate account exists, it may be do to your case sensitivity. The Case sensitivity within CLM needs to match that of your AD or LDAP server. The following technote will provide info on the case sensitivity feature within CLM:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21431626

Comments
Sowmya C commented Jul 17 '14, 5:42 a.m.

Both the accounts have same user id in lower case. From your answer, I will be creating another new account in RTC and achieve the previous accounts. Am I right? 

Let me know if the user will be able to access the artifacts created by him/her using the old id.

Stephanie Bagot commented Jul 17 '14, 7:22 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Essentially you would be changing the existing user accounts (or re-naming them) and archiving them. You then import the new user account into the repository from LDAP and adjust your case sensitivity to ensure this does not happen. The users are actually stored with a UUID and not the user name, but I am not sure how this will affect previous artifacts. If you have a test environment, you could try this there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.