It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add rank in ranked list in RTC Plans?

pravin gaykar (4232225) | asked Jul 15 '14, 3:15 a.m.
edited Jul 15 '14, 4:10 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 How to add rank in ranked list in RTC Plans? I am not able to ranked in plan view. In plan view i am able to select priority but not rank attribute.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '14, 4:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

From the short description, I am not sure where the problem lies. You should have ranked views already. Please look at https://jazz.net/library/article/1364 https://jazz.net/library/article/1289 and https://jazz.net/library/article/1033 and check if the information for ranking helps you. Alternatively try to provide more information about what you try and which version of the tools so that others can help.

pravin gaykar commented Jul 15 '14, 4:10 a.m.

Rank is calculation on basis on any other attribute ot state of WI, Priority?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '14, 4:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dependent on the version of RTC there are different ranking systems available. Please see the links above.

pravin gaykar commented Jul 21 '14, 7:49 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '14, 7:53 a.m.

RTC is version is 4.0.1, I tried above link but  i am not getting any option to edit rank.

Only i am getting option to remove rank.

sam detweiler commented Jul 21 '14, 8:07 a.m.

correct.. you cannot directly edit the rank field. this is set by ordering the workitems in the plan ranked list view.   the rank value is not exposed as a separate value currently.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 15 '14, 10:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Ralph mentioned, the article: https://jazz.net/library/article/1364 will help to show you how to rank your work items.
The priority attribute is a drop down - rank is a little bit different. I would advise you to review the above link for more information on how to configure it.
If you are trying to change the rank number, or use the apply rank action - and it is not saving or working as expected, I would encourage you to open a PMR with IBM support so they can take a look at your use case and the behaviour and recommend how to resolve it.
pravin gaykar selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
YOGESH LOKHANDE (10441927) | answered Nov 19 '14, 11:35 p.m.

Ranking work items
You can rank work items to prioritize them according to your requirement or expected business value. By default, the work item's Priority attribute is used as the planning Ranking attribute. A change to a work item's priority changes its overall ranking. As a result, changing an item from Medium to High priority moves it up in the overall ranking, while changing it from High to Low moves it down. For work items with the same priority, you can set their relative ranking order by dragging and dropping, which is a way of manually sorting them within priority. If you drop an item into a different priority grouping, its priority automatically changes to match the items in the group where it is dropped. The work item is ranked after the item it is dropped under.
Setting the ranking attribute
About this task
You can set the ranking attribute in the Plan Attributes editor.
Procedure
  1. In the Team Artifacts view, right-click the project area to customize, and click Open. Click the Process Configuration tab.
  1. Click Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Planning, and then click Plan Attributes.
  1. In the Ranking Attribute section, select the Attribute type.
Note: You can add custom attributes to the Ranking Attribute section by expanding the Attribute Mappingsection, and clicking Add. In the Attribute Mapping window, select the attribute to add, and click OK.
Ranking work items
About this task
You can rank work items by dragging and dropping them between work items in the Planned Items tab.
Procedure
  1. Click a work item and drag it. As you drag the work item, a black line indicates where the work item can be inserted.
  1. Release the mouse pointer to insert the work item at the point of the black line.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.