It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to restore previous module baseline to current revision?

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Jul 14 '14, 6:06 p.m.
Unlike other artifacts, I see no way to restore previous module revisions to the current revision.  Is there an enhancement request to do this?  Is there a reason why this capability has not been implemented?

Thanks,
Robert

Comments
Robert Huet commented Jul 14 '14, 11:41 p.m.

Thanks, Donald, you bring up a good point.  I will discuss this with my customer about creating an RFE.  Intuitively, I would expect the system to inform the user and let them decide whether to delete the new requirements or save them somewhere else. 

Stef van Dijk commented Aug 01 '14, 6:37 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Additionally, I think it's more than just a concern about added or removed artifacts since the baseline. What if the underlying core artifact has changed? Do you also revert the state of the core artifacts (which may be used in other modules or independently) when reverting the module? I imagine it's issues like these that are why this is not yet implemented and might be something being investigated for the Configuration Management (CM) currently in beta.

Robert Huet commented Aug 04 '14, 1:52 p.m.

Makes sense.  Thanks for the additional insight! 

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 14 '14, 9:47 p.m.
Unlike a single artifact, the module is essentially a collection of many artifacts. If we are to "restore" the module to an older version, what are we going to do with the module artifacts added after the baseline was taken? Delete them or leave them there as orphans? So even you consider an RFE, you need to make it clear how you would like it to be implemented.
If you just want to work with an older version of the module, you can "copy" the baseline as a new module. Of course you will get a set of new IDs which may not be desirable.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.