It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the purpose of REST call getWorkItemAttributeValueSets?

Dariusz Brzozowski (122) | asked Jul 14 '14, 11:07 a.m.
edited Jul 21 '14, 10:10 a.m.
Hello,
We are trying to tune the performance of our RTC instance especially in terms of plans load time in Web UI.
In an HttpWatch session observing plans load we noted that it always takes unusually long to run some kind of web service called getWorkItemAttributeValueSets.
Based on the call parameters and response it is hard to make a guess on what does it do. Hence it's hard to pin point one of the areas which makes the plan load relatively long.
I can add that we do not have configured any 'Values Sets' or some kind of value providers (at least explicitly).
I'd appreciate an answer on what does the call mentioned above really do, what is it after?

Regards,
Darek

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Aug 06 '14, 5:27 a.m.
Hi Darek,
This is commong RTC defect: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=325808. It should be fixed in RTC 5.0.1.

Please let me know if this is exactly answer on your question.

Comments
Dariusz Brzozowski commented Aug 18 '14, 5:40 a.m.

Krzysztof,

Thank you for you reply. I can see that the defect has been created a few days after my post.
I can also see that now the target release is 5.0.2 (not 5.0.1.) which seems like a good news - the question is when is 5.0.2 going to be released to customers?
I'd also appreciate if you could tell me what this call actually does or what kind of data it is looking for.

Thank you,
Darek 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 18 '14, 9:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

According to the current RTC schedule on jazz.net ( https://jazz.net/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.process.editProjectArea&itemId=_1w8aQEmJEduIY7C8B09Hyw )
development of the 5.0.2 final release is currently targeted for 11/28/2014.
There usually is some number of days between that development date and when the release is available on jazz.net.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.