It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create New Project by "Create Lifecycle Project" . not success copying role and permission

Lydia Xiao (611) | asked Jul 13 '14, 10:41 p.m.
retagged Jul 22 '14, 4:12 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Hi, anyone know how to solve this :
I define new custom template , but when i create New project using " Create Lifecycle Project" , the Role & Permission in new project still use the old template Role & Permission ( Role and Permission that i've custom not appear )

But,  it work when i create the project 1 by 1 from Create Project Area : RRC, RTC, RQM  .
Is that "Create Lifecycle Project" still not support for creating new project with custom Permission & Role ? or am i missing some step ? 

thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Ayan Paul (2552230) | answered Jul 14 '14, 2:53 a.m.
you need to copy the process config source from the template which is having the roles defined. It will get copied. Ideal way to extract process template for working project and import the same in new project.

permanent link
Lydia Xiao (611) | answered Jul 14 '14, 4:28 a.m.
Hi, thanks for the answer Ayan Paul, 

it still not resolved : the permission & role on RRC still not replaced with the New custom permission & role 

Here are the steps i did : 
Rational Requirement Composer : 
- Go to RRC , Define Permission & Role at Project A , 
- Manage Project Areas , Export Process Template from Project A
- Go to Manage Project Areas - Template - Import Template ( using exported process file from Project A) >> New Template Created

Change and Configuration Management : 
- Go to CCM , Define Permission & Role at Project A , 
- Manage Project Areas , Export Process Template from Project A
- Go to Manage Project Areas - Template - Import Template ( using exported process file from Project A) >> New Template Created

Manage Lifecycle Projects :
- Go to "Lifecycle Project Administration" -> Template , Download Template ( XML file)
- i modified the XML file add the new process template : 
a. in the RRC part , i Add the new process template file name, i extracted from Project A 
<processTemplate>
<dc:identifier>template.rrc.projA</dc:identifier>
<dc:title>tempate rrc sdlc test</dc:title>
</processTemplate>
b. in the RTC part, i Add the new process template file name, i extracted from Project A
<processTemplate>
<dc:identifier>template.ccm.projA</dc:identifier>
<dc:title>template rtc sdlc test</dc:title>
</processTemplate>

- Save XML file . 
- Go to Manage Lifecycle project , " Import Template " , browse to the XML file i modified before. 
- Success Import Template

After done Create custom template , i create new project from the New Custom Template 
the result : 
- in CCM , Manage This Project Areas , custom permission & role appear on here ( success custom New Permission and Role) but  in RRC the new custom Permission & Role still not appeared 

anyone can help me with this  problem ? 

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.