It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] New project area: Error uploading file: 'Save Work Item failed' from browser but works in Eclipse

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jul 11 '14, 12:55 p.m.
closed Apr 05 '16, 2:13 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
I have a new project area on teh same server as a previous project area, and I am logged in as myself (RTC project administrator).  We are on 4.0.5.

I can open a work item and in the Eclipse client, I can attach a file without error.
The same user (me) gets an error attaching the file using the web client (i've tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome):
Error uploading file: 'Save Work Item failed.'

I only get this in the web client, eclipse clients work.
I only get this in the new project area, other project areas on the same server work.

I have also had this reported by others, so it is not my ID, and I can't believe it is a permissions problem with the ID since the same userid, same work item, same file WORKS in Eclipse but NOT in browser.

Susan

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rschoon Apr 05 '16, 2:13 a.m.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 11 '14, 1:05 p.m.
yeh, a bug, change the category to the root, save the workitem, change the category back, save the workitem..

only from the web..

supposedly fixed in 4.0.3, we found it in 4.0.4, you in 4.0.5

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=235191

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jul 13 '14, 7:15 a.m.

Thanks ... did you ever get around this? It looks like the PMR you opened was shifted to a UK PMR number and then closed without a fix?

sam detweiler commented Jul 13 '14, 7:20 a.m. | edited Jul 13 '14, 7:20 a.m.

workaround:

• change the category to the root
  • save the workitem
  • change the category back
  • save the workitem..

support watched us show the failure on IE, Firefox and Chrome, but could not recreate it themselves.  My contract ended before a fix was found.

permanent link
Isabel Murakami (3811515) | answered Apr 04 '16, 10:33 a.m.
Hi Susan,
Just in case you see this issue again, a similar issue was reported on this technote http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21669756&myns=swgrat&mynp=OCSSCP65&mync=E&cm_sp=swgrat-_-OCSSCP65-_-E
It was just listed at the ibm "my notifications" .