It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What's the best tool for creating this report?

mark byrd (14712330) | asked Jul 11 '14, 11:44 a.m.
For a specific project area, I would like a report that shows, for each change set, it's work items, streams its been delivered to, and stream builds that picked up the change set.

Is this something that would have to be done with the RTC plain Java API, or could it be done with BIRT, the REST service, or some other available reporting product?

One answer

permanent link
June Boston (1942538) | answered Jul 11 '14, 6:05 p.m.
 Have you looked into Rational Publishing Engine?  It allows you to create document reports that parse data from the XML results of the Reporting REST API.

Here is the information on the scm data availible in the REST API.  You should be able to pull the information you're looking for from this interface.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsRESTAPI#scm

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 12 '14, 2:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I didn't see the information Mark was requesting in that RESTAPI (i.e., the work items associated with a change set, the streams containing the change set, or the builds containing a change set).  Where would they be found in the documented RESTAPI?
(One can obtain this information through the Java API).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.