It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can someone help with jazz.net account changes?

Robert Wen (690412) | asked Jul 11 '14, 9:46 a.m.
 OK, long story long...

I've been trying in vain to update my jazz.net account (need to enter new email address since the one on the account is no longer valid, among other things) without success.

Today, I signed up for the DevOps services w/ BlueMix which I believe took me to JazzHub.  I then tied my jazz.net ID to my IBM ID.  That all worked, and I can see that I can update my Jazz ID from there.  When I tried to save my changes, I got the following error:

"Choose an ID that is at least 3 characters long (up to 24 characters) and includes lowercase letters (a-z) and numbers (0-9)."

My current ID meets this criteria.

Please advise.

If you need to reach me offline, my email is robert.wen@islandtraining.com

Accepted answer

permanent link
satish bhupatiraju (21) | answered Jul 11 '14, 10:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Robert
       Sorry for the inconvenience. Please correct me if i am wrong. I am thinking you are encountering this issue while updating you Jazz profile. If so can you please send an email to sbhupa@us.ibm.com with the following details
jazz ID  and IBM ID. I am anticipating your jazz ID could be a legacy ID.

Thanks!!!
Satish
Robert Wen selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
satish bhupatiraju (21) | answered Jul 11 '14, 12:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a legacy Jazz User ID issue and the fix is to update the Jazz User name and remove the special characters.

Comments
satish bhupatiraju commented Jul 16 '14, 2:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Fixed the code to allow legacy Jazz IDs with special characters to edit their profile.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.