It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project and personal Dashboard -copy and paste tabs

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked Jul 11 '14, 3:47 a.m.
Hello,

I have a CCM 4.0.4 and admin rights in two projects.
In one test project A I have all possible rights.
in the production project B I have the the following rights:  Save Personal Dashboard (all) and Save Project Dashboard only: Create a project Dashboard and Modify the project Dashboard (Missing Delete the project dashboard).

I need to copy a Tab from my personal Dashboard into the project dashboard.
I use the same browser and the same Tab.
For project A I can do this.
for project B I got the following error: You have nothing in the clipboard.

any clue where the problem is?

Thank you,
Zica

Comments
Zica Valsan commented Jul 11 '14, 4:04 a.m.

Forgot to mention that I can copy /paste the tabs across personal dashboards within any project

Zica Valsan commented Jul 11 '14, 4:13 a.m. | edited Jul 11 '14, 4:14 a.m.

As well, copying a Tab from the project dashboard to the personal dashboard  doesn't work.

3 answers

permanent link
Albert Chirighin (1666) | answered Jan 08 '15, 3:37 p.m.
After some trial and error, what I found is that we cannot copy and paste from a Personal Dashboard to a Project Dashboard, nor from a Project Dashboard to a Personal DB.  It seems they reside on different repositories, which would explain the clipboard pasting the wrong reports/tabs, or nothing at all.

In my case, what I ended up doing was creating a new Team, so RTC would create a new Project Dashboard that I can now use to store Tabs and Reports from other Project Dashboards that we want to keep in what we are calling an Archived Status.  As we move forward with the project, tabs and reports become outdated, but we want to be able to have the ability to go back and see old reports if needed.

This has solved our problem, I hope it helps others as well.

permanent link
Albert Chirighin (1666) | answered Aug 11 '14, 3:26 p.m.
I'm having the same issue Zica is having.  I cannot copy a Tab from the Project Dashboard, and Paste it on my Personal Dashboard.  I have all the Permissions possible.  In Firefox, it pastes whatever I copied prior to copying the Tab in question.  IE says I have nothing copied to the clipboard.

We are on version 4.0.6

Thanks!

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 15 '14, 11:17 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I configured my permissions in Project Area to be same as yours above:
"Save Personal Dashboard (all) and Save Project Dashboard only: Create a project Dashboard and Modify the project Dashboard (Missing Delete the project dashboard)."

I was able to copy and paste between dashboards both project and personal, as well as between projects without any issues (on 4.0.5). I think in this problem, maybe it wasn't saved to the clipboard? Have you tried another browser?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.