It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Inserting New Artifact into Module using an Artifact Template

Brian Vander Mey (5041520) | asked Jul 09 '14, 1:43 p.m.
Primary Question: How do I insert a new artifact into a module from the module view, while applying a template to that module?

If creating a new artifact independently, it is very clear how to apply a template.

However, if creating a new artifact within a module, I can't determine how I'd do that with a template.  My only option would be to add the template's source via Add Existing Artifact, make a copy within the module, remove the original, and then copy the template as many times as needed in the module.  

In my case, I'm including Actors and Business Rules in a Module-based Use Case Template.

Secondary question: As an admin, how can I force the use of a template in an artifact?
If a user wants to add several business rules to a project, I'd like to be able to set up by standard that every business rule he inserts starts with the template.  Is this doable?  I've noticed when creating a new artifact independent from a module that once you use a template, it assumes you want to keep using it for that artifact type unless you say otherwise, but given my primary question above, I don't seem to have that option in a module.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 09 '14, 10:51 p.m.
For the primary question, if you choose "insert other artifact type after ..." in the module view, you surely can pick an artifact template.
For the second, I don't think you can do it. We had similar discussions before.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/120852/rrc-mandate-artifact-information-attributes-and-template

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.