It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to assign multiple adapters running on the same machine to given test environment in RQM 4.0.4?

Mateusz Cebula (23914) | asked Jul 09 '14, 3:29 a.m.
Currently, in our RQM 4.0.4 project area, we have multiple command line adapters running on the same machine (Lab Resource in RQM). We want to assign them to Test Environment, so we can filter adapters when we start the execution (green box). Another satisfying solution will be to group such adapters in a Test Cell (red box). Any advice how to achieve this will be appreciated.

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 09 '14, 7:50 a.m.

what is the purpose of assigning test environment etc, do you want to find a way to run multiple adapters concurrently on the same machine?

Mateusz Cebula commented Jul 09 '14, 8:23 a.m.

No, we already have multiple adapters running on the same machine. We want to 'assign' these adapters to Test Environment so we can use Search By option when we choose machine (in detail: adapter) to run the test to not browse every adapter in the list.

Michael Haun commented Jul 09 '14, 1:11 p.m.

I'm also interested in knowing the answer to this.

Michael Haun commented Jul 15 '14, 10:47 a.m.

bump    

Don Yang commented Jul 18 '14, 3:22 a.m.

I don't see a possibility to do this because the cmd adapters are all tied to the same machine. when creating a test environment, I was thinking to set one as machine name, and put software as cmd adapter and its name as adapter1(existing) and another test environment with ip address and the software as cmd adapter and its name as adapter2, but it does not seem to work for me.

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Jul 22 '14, 6:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not supported currently. You can probably raise an RFE request

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.