It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set maximum number of threads for content transfer in jazz build engine?

Makson Lee (41024241) | asked Jul 09 '14, 1:42 a.m.
In Eclipse client, you can set the maximum number of threads for content transfer, but how to do that in jazz build engine?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jul 09 '14, 11:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Makson, you can add a build property to the build definition with name "team.scm.maxContentThreads" and give the number of threads as the value.  If 0 is given, it uses no background threads (each file fetched in sequence, in the main build loop thread). The default is 10.
Makson Lee selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Makson Lee commented Jul 09 '14, 9:27 p.m.

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply, but i found this property is not mentioned in http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_4.0.6/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/r_buildprop.html, is it a hidden built-in property? And any documents about hidden built-in properties?

One other answer

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945411) | answered Jul 09 '14, 11:23 p.m.
Hi Makson

I couldn't find any specific document, however i see that similar properties are listed in the RTC error messages User response:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/CLMErrorMessages/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rtc.messages.doc%2FCRRTC3535E.html

Let me know if this helps.

Comments
Makson Lee commented Jul 10 '14, 1:12 a.m.

Hi Rohit, thanks for the information, i am just wondering if there are other hidden properties which can improve our build process.

Nick Edgar commented Jul 10 '14, 12:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It seems we have accumulated several build and system properties that are missing proper documentation.  I've filed Document extra properties (without their own UI) used to control builds (323990) 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.