It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Change Sets from BIRT reports?

Leonardo Marzo (24964852) | asked Jul 08 '14, 1:52 p.m.
edited Jul 08 '14, 1:54 p.m.
 Hi, 

I know it is possible to get change sets using the opreration table "CHANGE_SET" from SCM_SNAPSHOT data source (as far as I know, change sets information like comments are not stored in the Data Warehouse).  The problem is that you need to filter CHANGE_SET by CS_ITEM_ID, if not, you get an empty response. 

I need to be able to get all the change sets of a stream for an specific period of time, is that possible? 

I´ll appreciate your help. 

Thank you, 

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jul 09 '14, 3:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The CHANGE_SET data set is meant to be used for traceability purposes where given a work item, you want a list of related change sets.
Change sets are not ordered and can be shared by multiple streams. And as an example a change set can be created today but only get added to the stream one week later.
Only way to know what happened in the stream is to compare baselines which is currently not exposed to the reporting back-end.

Comments
Leonardo Marzo commented Jul 10 '14, 8:21 a.m.

Thanks Rafik. So, I think the only alternative is using the Java API. I´ll try inserting java code in my BIRT report in order to get the change sets I need. Do you think that would be possible? 

As per this article it should be possible.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.