It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to view as a successful build an unstable jenkins job?

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Jul 08 '14, 3:11 a.m.
 Hi,
I'm using jenkins integration (Team Concert Plugin) to integrate with RTC. I generally launch builds trough RTC and get the results from jenkins. I've noticed that unstable jobs (successful compilations but with errors in unit test) are marked in RTC as failed. In Jenkins there are 3 different result type(Success, Failed, Unstable) while in RTC there are only success or failed. Is possible to configure returns in order to decide if an unstable job has to be managed as success or failure?

Thanks,
Michele.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jul 08 '14, 8:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is no configuration for that at the moment.  It could be worked around using the RTC Ant tasks to control how the build result should complete, but otherwise that sounds like an enhancement request.

~Spencer
Michele Pegoraro selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Heather Fraser-Dube (4512) | answered Jul 08 '14, 8:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When builds are launched from RTC it looks like it translates Success to OK and everything else to Error. When builds are launched from the Team Concert plugin, it translates Success to OK, Unstable to Warning and everything else to Error.  You should raise a work item against RTC for what you want. I think RTC should be consistent with the plugin.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.