It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Birt Report Deployment error

Hari Reddy (2142) | asked Apr 23 '09, 6:38 p.m.
Hi,

Iam trying to deploy a birt report that i created. I am able to preview the data set and the report correctly in the design preview and deployed the report
into MY reports by creating a report template based on the .rptdesign file in my local and when i try to open the report iam getting the following error
even though the report runs fine in the design preview format:
HTTP Status 500 - The design file <stream> has error and can not be run.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
type Status report
message The design file <stream> has error and can not be run.
description The server encountered an internal error (The design file <stream> has error and can not be run.) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/5.5.23

I tried this both on jazz client and server and I did not find any log files on the Jazz client or server machines with any clue.I'm using Tomcat.
Am i doing anything wrong or Am i the only one who is facing this error or is there anyone one with the same problem/error or solutions.
Do i need to do any configurations or settings before i deploy my report, please let me know.

Regards

2 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Apr 23 '09, 7:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Which version of BIRT did you use to design the file. RTC 1.0.X only supports BIRT 2.2.2.

RTC 2.0 will suport BIRT 2.3.2

permanent link
Hari Reddy (2142) | answered Apr 24 '09, 12:40 p.m.
That Worked, i re-installed birt 2.2.2 and now iam able to create reports.

Thanks
Rafik

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.