It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When I merge, why do I sometimes get a change set named "Merges" and sometimes not?

mark byrd (14712330) | asked Jul 02 '14, 9:28 a.m.
When I accept incoming change sets and do a merge, I sometimes get a new outgoing change set whose default name is "Merges".  Other times I don't get the "Merges" change set, and it just incorporates the merge into an outgoing change set I already have. What causes this difference?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jul 02 '14, 10:02 a.m.
When you get the new outgoing change set, is the other outgoing change set completed (closed off from further check-in operations)?  That could be the reason. 
mark byrd selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
mark byrd commented Jul 02 '14, 10:48 a.m.

The other outgoing change set is not completed, or closed off from further check-in operations.  

Tim Mok commented Jul 02 '14, 10:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That is likely the cause. If your change set is open, the changes must go in there since you can't have the same file modified in two open change sets at the same time in the same workspace.

One other answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jul 02 '14, 10:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Mark,
please refer to this article - https://jazz.net/library/article/1372

I think it might help here.

Eric

Comments
mark byrd commented Jul 02 '14, 10:48 a.m.

Reading that, and some more experiments may have shown me the answer.  If I have an outgoing change set that I created, it looks like it will incorporate my merge into it.  If all outgoing change sets were created by other users, I get the Merges change set.   

Is that correct?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.