It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customize colors in taskboard view

Chris Newton (3036) | asked Jul 01 '14, 11:39 a.m.
 I've created a new taskboard view in RTC 4.0.1 and I'm trying to replicate the colors from the default taskboard view. However, the colors that are available from the color picker are very limited and don't match the ones used in the default taskboard view. Is there a way to specify a custom color? I know I can modify the default taskboard view to use colors from the color picker, but I'd like to keep those colors as is.

Comments
Ian Wark commented Jul 02 '14, 2:15 a.m.

I am using RTC 4.0.6 in the Web UI and I don't see a difference in the colors in the color picker for new vs existing plan views with taskboard. Are you using the Web UI to create your new view? Which colors are you having trouble matching? Are you able to send a screen capture?

The below compares the taskboard version of the Iteration plan view with my own new taskboard plan view. I can find the yellow color for average priority work items and match a red for high priority work items.

<Default Taskboard View>

Default Iteration View

<New Taskboard View>
New Taskboard View

I followed these steps to create a new plan view
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.apt.doc/topics/t_create_pla_nmode_web.html

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945411) | answered Jul 02 '14, 2:23 a.m.
Hi Chris

I had a look at IBM CLM5.0 and the plans Taskboard color picker options are the same as CLM4.x available OOTB.
You can modify the default taskboard view to use colors picker.

There is an existing RFE for the same, you can add comments as per your requirement:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=11060

Chris Newton selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Chris Newton (3036) | answered Jul 02 '14, 11:02 a.m.
I don't have enough reputation to attach a screenshot :(

But I just tried in a 5.0 sandbox. and the default colors for story (in a new state) and a task on the default taskboard are not available in the color picker. I've cycled through all the colors in the color picker and none of them match.

Unless I'm missing something, I'd have to change the default taskboard colors to something in the color picker in order to provide consistent colors with custom taskboard views.

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713450) | answered Jul 02 '14, 9:26 p.m.
I think I may understand the color difference you are talking about. I tried in CLM 5.0 in a Sprint plan comparing the default colors for a story in new state and a task, with colors chosen from the color picker, attempting to match them. I wasn't able to find an exact match. (See below) It looks like the colors depend on what plan you choose initially. You can find matches for some but not all. If this is what you are talking about you should add a comment to RFE 11060 above mentioned by Rohit, explaining which plan type, WI type and state can't be matched in the color picker and asking to have all those default colors available in the palette.

Default taskboard colors
Default colors

Color palette taskboard colors
Color Palette Taskboard Colors

Comments
Chris Newton commented Jul 02 '14, 10:46 p.m.

Thanks for following up on this, Ian. I accepted Rohit's answer with the referral to the open work item. I'll add some details to that. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.