It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can I install RQM v4.0 with RTC 3.0?

marly kamioji (122) | asked Jun 30 '14, 5:11 p.m.
I have RTC v3.0 installed in my machine and I'd like to know if I can install RQM v4.0 without upgrading RTC to v4.0. Or rather, can I use RQM V4.0 together with RTC v3.0?

3 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 01 '14, 8:34 a.m.
As mentioned, JTS must be at the highest version, but what went unmentioned is that if ALL CLM applications are hosted by same J2EE server (e.g. a single WAS Profile or Tomcat), all must be at the same version.  Having the apps distributed amongst j2ee server is ok.

Comments
marly kamioji commented Jul 01 '14, 10:41 a.m.

Thanks Kevin.  I know that the server for RTC is igartc01 and for RQM is igarqm01, so that might mean they are hosted on the same server.

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945411) | answered Jun 30 '14, 11:39 p.m.
Hi Marly

Please see the Client and Server compatability in the below URL:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_n-1.html&scope=null

Jazz Team Server must be at the same level as or newer than the applications that are registered with it, but the applications cannot have a newer version than Jazz Team Server.

Under a common JTSv4.0, you can have RQM4.0 and RTC3.0.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Rohit

Comments
marly kamioji commented Jul 01 '14, 10:43 a.m.

Thanks Rohit for your quick answer. It helped. I can't vote to any answers yet because this was my first question in this forum

permanent link
Sameer Rajan (162) | answered Jul 01 '14, 12:56 a.m.

@Marley

JTS needs to be at same or higher version than the applications registered under the jts/admin page.

Comments
marly kamioji commented Jul 01 '14, 10:44 a.m.

Hi Sameer. I liked your answer but I can't vote. After my third question I'll be able to. Thanks a lot. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.