It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need to know what is takes to run the deploy feature for RTC

Edward Scarberry (11010) | asked Jun 30 '14, 2:24 p.m.

Last year we installed RTC and configured it to create work items and use the source control.  Now management wants to leverage the tool deploy the java code changes once checked in and delivered.  How can this be accomplished?  Need to know below.

1.  Is there a document on how to accomplish this?

2.  Is there new install needed?

3. Is training needed?

4. Are licenses needed.

2 answers

permanent link
Edward Scarberry (11010) | answered Jun 30 '14, 6:18 p.m.

To make sure I get it right the build machines are our development, test, and prod servers where our code would deploy to?

Are first pass is to deploy only our custom java changes.

Ed

Comments
Robert Wen commented Jun 30 '14, 6:35 p.m.

Ah, you mean deploy as in release.

The build portion of RTC can take those changes in source control and build your release based on your build rules (e.g. ANT file).  One of the steps from that build process would be to connect to your dev/test/prod servers and push the code.  I know you can do that using UrbanCode Deploy.  I don't think you can do that natively from RTC unless it's part of your ANT script. 

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jun 30 '14, 6:07 p.m.
 It sounds like you're starting to delve into the Build portion of RTC.

Here's the link to the Knowledge Center that starts the section on the RTC Build portion.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/t_build_overview.html

A new install on your RTC server is not needed.  Although if you're setting up build machines, you'll need to make sure they have the RTC build subsystem client software is installed.

Training is up to you.  There is training available from IBM Business partners (such as my employer, Island Training Solutions) for this part of RTC.

If you have the RTC Developer licenses, you should be able to use the RTC build capability.

Hope this helps!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.